TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Don't think it's a pinched ring...
People Seeking Info

Subject Don't think it's a pinched ring...

Posted by Auggie on June 03, 2015 at 12:46 PM
  This message has been viewed 272 times.

In Reply To I would pull the plugs and inspect for excess fuel posted by spicyZ on June 03, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Message ...because that issue happened to me, oh, about 9 years ago when I replaced the injectors the first time (this is my second time of wholesale fuel injector replacement because the shop I brought it to 5 years ago said they should be replaced, which I assumed was due to being the older style that were prone to Ethanol corrosion and because of the poorly designed electrical operation).

Two rings were pinched and flooded the cylinders. Engine ran horribly right off the bat and only by replacing the tweaked o-rings did it finally run normally.

But my experience this time around is that the car ran perfectly (after resolving the PTU sub-harness corrosion), with the symptoms just occurring after running for about an hour (20 minutes just on the smog check dyno), and driving 30 some-odd miles.

I will still pull the plugs after listening to each injector to ensure they are all operating normally.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.